Mold is more common than you might think. There are many cases of buildings getting water damage and becoming potential areas for mold infestations. It clings to materials like drywall and finds places to hide and grow.
Mold can cause a lot of damage to your health, and it’s not an easy problem to fix. My Pure MD medical professionals specialize in cases of fatigue and know how hard it is to eliminate mold. The main problem with mold is that it contains mycotoxins, which are poisons that can cause neurological damage and other health problems.
Chronic mold exposure can cause headaches, bloating, muscle cramps, mood swings, and several other symptoms. It’s important to eliminate mold to preserve your overall health and prevent chronic conditions from developing.
When you find mold in your home or building, there are some steps you should take to stay safe. Let’s go over these steps below.
The first step to take when treating mold is to remove yourself from the exposed area. If your home is filled with mold, you should find somewhere else to stay while the home is being treated. If it is in a commercial building, operations may need to be halted so that mold can be contained and eliminated. If you suspect any mold in your building, you should perform an ERMI test or use mold plates to test for an infestation.
If you are working in an environment that is moldy or living in a home filled with mold, you may have mold spores as well as mycotoxins all over the environment. You will not be able to see it dusting your furniture or clothes, and you won’t be aware of spreading it whenever you travel, whether it be to the store, to school, or any other place you go.
Once you have removed yourself from the environment, the home will or building will need to be cleaned deeply. A professional that specializes in mold remediation will need to remove mold and find the original cause of the infestation, removing that as well.
Any surfaces that were exposed can be cleaned after the mold is removed using special products for mold. You may also consider getting an air filter that can remove remaining spores and mycotoxins in the home. You should never try to clean mold using bleach, as this can cause mold to release spores.
Aside from getting rid of the mold in your environment, it’s a good idea to take care of your own health by visiting a doctor. A urine test can be used to detect mycotoxins, which are introduced to the body when you have been in a moldy environment. The removal of mycotoxins is the key to restoring the function of your immune system.
Your doctor will prescribe antifungal medications and treatment to kill mold toxins and bind it using activated charcoal. You can also get more information on how to get rid of further toxins in the body and speed up treatment and the elimination of mycotoxins.
Once your medical practitioner has treated any conditions or symptoms caused by mold infection, you should strive to do everything in your power to avoid being exposed to mold. Detox your body by doing certain activities, such as visiting the sauna. Infrared saunas can detox the body on a cellular level, getting rid of toxins in the body’s tissues. There are other ways to detox, but visiting an infrared sauna about twice a week is one of the most efficient ways to get rid of mold and other toxins in the body.
Now that you have a more in-depth understanding of mold and how significant it can be to your health and the home, you can take the steps needed to design a plan of action and reduce the consequences associated with mold. By taking action, you also shorten the amount of time needed to recover.
Don’t ever underestimate how much damage this invisible fiend can cause in the home as well as in your body. Use these five steps to maintain a healthy environment when you notice that mold has invaded your home.